Tuesday 8 March 2016

Learning Unity on Lynda.com - Part 1

Decided to take a structured Unity course to gain some structured learning. The disadvantage is that I'll have to go through stuff that doesn't mater much to me, since I'm not really developing games. More on that latter. Tha advantage is that I won't loose time looking at stuff done for older versions, repeated content and, more important, I have a structure to follow, there is always one more video to watch.

As to not developing a game, I guess that what I want to do will contain most of the components of a game.

So what I did is take a 10 day free trial on Lynda.com from Linkedin (which now wons Lynda, which makes sense) and started this course. Then I found out that the trial is for the Basic Lynda membership, which does not allow me to download the course files. Up to recently I never paid for content online, today I find that sometimes it is really worth it (maybe I now appreciate that my time is finite and valuable). I guess I'll be signing up for a Premium membership for about 25€/month, at least while learning Unity, 3DS Max and Revit.


No comments:

Post a Comment